vrijdag 1 februari 2008

Switch

I've decided to switch subject, due to the following: In the EMMA Graduation Project setup, the project part, as opposed to the "supportive narrative" ("thesis") part, is valued as more important. So, the supportive narrative, as its name implies, should support the project. Not the other way around. Since I'm a very theoretical person by nature, this was a hard thing for me to do.

However, I did have a very clear idea of what I wanted to do for the project: Design and implement a time-travel feature (most likely in the Source Engine)

My choice of subject is now entirely based on my desire to design and implement this feature, so I came up with a supportive narrative that I could accomplish with a research through design method: evolutionary design.

Basically, I'm going to create prototypes of the feature, and have these prototypes extensively tested. Based on these tests, user feedback and peer review input I'm going to adapt the feature to a version that allows for more interesting gameplay to be created.

Finally, I hope to deliver an implementation that offers a high content of gameplay diversity.

Geen opmerkingen: